Every spring people get a boost of energy. It is like the very air in the spring time is rejuvenating in itself. Natural passions and new loves are often born in the spring, and old loves get a nice spark between them. Spring is definitely the best time of year.
The same goes for roses. It is in the spring that people begin planting or replenishing their rose gardens. For those bushes that are already established, spring is the time to see new buds and blooms trying to be born.
If you are interested in helping your roses get an even bigger boost in the spring, you may want to try this special tonic that is used to give your roses a strong boost of all of the nutrients that your roses need in order for them to grow strong, healthy and produce a lot of buds. Try this recipe for the greatest spring start to your roses.
1. Be certain to apply in the early spring after you have removed any of the necessary winter protection that you put up.
Here is a list of the ingredients that you will need to make this mixture. You should mix them in a 5 gallon tub or bucket.
• 2 cups of alfalfa meal
• 2 cups of Epsom salt
• 2 cups of fish meal
• 2 cups of gypsum
• 2 cups of greensand
• 1 cup of bone meal
2. You will first have to pull back the mulch that has been placed around your rose bush.
3. You will next, want to work one cup of this tonic into the top inch of soil if you have a smaller bush.
4. You will do best to use a trowel or a hand cultivator for larger bushes. (that would be bushes that are 6 feet or taller) For these sizes, you will need to use three or four cups.
5. Now you will have to replace the mulch and water your roses very well.
Tip #1: You can do this again in the middle of June if you want to keep your roses blooming. Just scratch 2 cups of the mixture into the soil.
Tip #2: You should wear a dust mask while you are mixing your ingredients for the tonic.